Friday, November 21, 2008

Triangle Fold Medallion Thank You

Ok so this took me awhile to figure out. I had time today to try Monday's Technique challenge on Splitcoast stampers to make a Triangle Fold Medallion. I was forever trying to stick the triangle into the pocket folds and it was not working DUH!! So once I figured out that I just had to add adhesive to the triangles everything started taking shape. I was almost ready to throw in the towel :)

Triangle Fold Medallion

Stamps: Sincere Saluations
Paper: Always Artichoke, Real Red, Stampin' Up Hostess Pack DSP
Ink: Real Red
Techniques: Triangle Fold Medallion

I am planning on send this card to the wonderful art instructors at the Mill Gallery in Honeoye Falls. They so graciously offered an art class for my MOMS Club group yesterday. They had the kids stamp with tons of different vegetables, peppers, sweet potatoes, turnips, califlower, etc. They had feathers, yarn and beans for the kids to add to their masterpieces. It was alot of fun!

This is Amber's Masterpiece that I assisted her on, she is 15 months old. She enjoyed tasting the vegetables. So let me just say she had a orange mouth a couple times. I wish I would have remembered my camera.

And here is Morgan's Masterpiece, she is 3. She enjoyed using the paint brush more than the vegetables. She did add a few beans and some yarn to her design, I am surprised we didn't have to save them and tote them around with us. She is into all the small toys!



Afterwards, we got to take a walk through of the gallery, there truely is a ton of great art on showcase. The 'Birds of a Feather' opening reception is tonight featuring a collection of works for internationally acclaimed avain artist Raymond J. Easton. His paintings were fabulous! The birds he painted were so detailed, they could be mistaken for a picture.

4 comments:

Jamie Martin said...

Pretty card, nice job on the challenge!

loretta said...

pretty card! looks like your little one had a great time!

Kim Dellow said...

Stylish card and I'm glad to see you are starting your youngsters off on the right path, they will be making cards in no time ;)
Kim

Lynn McAuley said...

I really struggled with this fold as well!! My first attempt did end up in the trash!!

You have done a beautiful job here with this wonderful holiday card!!